(This post i wrote on Dec, 2015)
Bitnami LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) Stack is an easy to install and easy to use open source Web Platform. It combines leading open source projects, such as Apache, MySQL and PHP.
The new release of LAMP Stack is 7.0.0-0 version on April 12th, 2015 with it’s new features is updated PHP to 7.0.0 and OpenSSL to 1.0.1q.
But for this time i want to show you how to install Bitnami LAMP Stack version 5.5.30 (recommended by Bitnami site) on Ubuntu 14.04.03.
- Firstly, we must download Bitnami LAMP Stack on https://bitnami.com/stack/lamp/installer.On this tutorial we choose 5.5.30 version (Picture 1).
- After downloaded, we can install it via terBminal with add ./ in front of the installer. Don’t forget to login as root (Picture 2).
- Then, we will see a welcome screen of installer. Click Next. (Picture 3).
- Then, we can choose some components that will install, please uncheck the components if we don’t want to install it. The components is Varnish, Zend Framework, Symfony, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Smarty and Laravel. For PhpMyAdmin is default install. Click Next if we ready to continue (Picture 4).
- Please choose a folder to install. For default it will be /opt/lampstack-x.x.xx-x. We can also change the name of folder. Click Next (Picture 5).
- Please create the password of MySQL (Picture 6). The length of password must be 6 or more. If less than 6, there is a warning appear (Picture 6a). If done, Click Next.
- So, we will see Bitnami Cloud Hosting screen, just a service offer of Bitnami. If we want to learn more about it, check the box. Then Click Next (Picture 7).
- Ready to install. Click Next(Picture 8).
- Bitnami LAMP Stack start installing (Picture 9).
- After wait in a few minutes, it’s done. So, if we want to launch bitnami LAMP Stack, please give a check and Click Finish (Picture 10).
- Welcome screen is appear. Please choose Manage Server tabs. We will see the status of MySQL Database and Apache Web Server is running (Picture 11). Both of them must active if we start web developmnet using local server. For default, after instalation our browser should open by itself and go to 127.0.01 (Picture 12) or we can type localhost on web address by ourself.
- If we wan t to access the PhpMyAdmin please type on browser 127.0.0.1/PhpMyAdmin or localhost/PhpMyAdmin. We must login first. The username is root. It is default. For the password please using password on step 6 that we make before. The screen of PhpMyAdmin is in picture below (Picture 13)
- For web development, we must put our web file on /(folder installation)/apache2/htdocs. For this tutorial it will be /opt/lampstack-5.5.30-1/apache2/htdocs. (Picture 14).
- The last, to open Bitnami LAMP Stack in other time please go to /folder installation/ and run ./manager-linux.run via terminal. For this tutorial it will be /opt/lampstack-5.5.30-1# ./manager-linux.run (Picture 15). Don’t forget login as root.
Ok that’s all the tutorial how to install Bitnami LAMP Stack in Ubuntu 14.04.03. If you want to explore more you can visit Bitnami.com. For Bitnami LAMP Stack exploration please visit bitnami.com/stack/lamp/installer or bitnami.com/stack/lamp/README.txt.
So, don’t hesitate to ask me about this post.